In the ER again February 8, 2021
Dear friends,
Greetings from the emergency room at Hershey Medical Center. I am back here for my third time in just over two months. It has been just about one week since I came off the antibiotics and antifungals for sepsis. I came down with a fever yesterday and was advised to come into the ER.
It has been the most pleasant ER stay of the three. I was given a remote room in a far corner, which has the benefit of being much quieter! I was able to get more sleep last night than on any previous ER visit.
We are still waiting for a diagnosis on the fever. I am back on IV antibiotics as a precautionary measure. Apparently it can take 48 hours to get lab results back on blood cultures. Other lab results seem pretty good. The CT showed a new (second) thrombosis in the portal vein, but really no other changes from previous CT scans.
I may have been a bit dehydrated yesterday and had taken the kids sledding and for a walk in the winter wonderland of a wooded park the day before. I have occasionally had fever from being physically exhausted and dehydrated in the past. That could be a possible reason for the fever. Given the recent sepsis, however, we didn't want to take any chances.
The last week and a half were very good. After ongoing GI trouble, those symptoms finally resolved after lots of prayer and the addition of some "probiotic"-like fungal supplements to help the GI tract. I am grateful. This past week was one of the best since the cancer diagnosis, with appetite greatly improved. My strength initially seemed a bit down, but the last several days I was able to do more exercise and walking.
Please do pray for an accurate and insightful diagnosis of the fever, for speedy recovery and discharge, and ultimately, for God to be glorified in this story.
I have been greatly encouraged by Romans 8:11:
If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will give life to your mortal bodies also through his Spirit that dwells in you.
https://bible.com/bible/2016/rom.8.11.NRSV
May each of you be encouraged and blessed today!
In the hope of Jesus,
Tim
Tim, Sending prayers that this fever is just a small bump in the road of many good weeks.
ReplyDeletePraying for a quick recovery and discharge, too!
ReplyDeleteGlad you got to take the kids sledding!
ReplyDeleteYour faith is precious, so real and so good.
ReplyDeletePraying for you Tim! Your posts give me faith for healing for both you and me--Lots of His love to you, Gerta and the kids!
ReplyDelete