Bless the Lord, O My Soul

I am encouraged. Daily miracles of arranging schedules, meetings, of granting life, of gentle discipline and correction, of deep grace and encouragement make faith grow and strengthen. 
I was discouraged by some of the recent consultations. Yet God encouraged me with words from one of the Dominicans serving at the hospital--to focus on the grace of God. When I look at medicine, the world looks dim. When I look to God, I see his love. 
The words of Peter echo in my mind--see John 6:22 and following for the context: 
"Simon Peter replied, 'Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words of eternal life. We believe and know that You are the Holy One of God.'"
I claim and declare the promise of Psalm 103:1-5:
"Bless the Lord , O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name! Bless the Lord , O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s."
I hope to be discharged soon. Please join me in praying for full healing, that God would keep my eyes on him, even in the midst of the storms. Please pray for the logistics of getting discharged after nearly three weeks in the hospital. Please pray for wisdom in making choices for next steps.  
Blessings and love to each of you as we go into Holy Week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updates: Keeping on the Fight

The Miraculous among the Mundane

In the ER again February 8, 2021