Exploring Next Steps

 Dear friends,

I understand it has been some time since I updated you. The tumor was under observation through March 10 as it did not appear to have grown. A CT scan and blood work on the 10th likewise suggested no tumor growth, although there was an obstruction to the duodenal stent placed in December. 

I was admitted for cleaning of the stent. The GI team did this, but found tissue ingrowth had narrowed the stent significantly. They also tried to insert a EUG-GJ stent that would create an alternative path from the stomach to the small intestine, bypassing the duodenum. This was deemed too risky to pursue further. I am now exploring options for the stent at other hospitals and/or a percutaneous G and or J tube (feeding tube through the skin).

I appreciate prayer for good nutrition, wisdom for the next steps to support this, and victory over cancer. 

Thank you for your ongoing prayers! I have been encouraged this week reading Psalm 107. 

Blessings and love,

Timothy Hagen 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Updates: Keeping on the Fight

The Miraculous among the Mundane

In the ER again February 8, 2021