Treatment Week 5
Dear friends,
Thank you for your faithful love, support, and prayer during this journey! I am now in week 5 of the 6-week radiation treatment, and taking my foruth dose of chemo, after having skipped on week. Blood counts went down somewhat this last week, but overall I am doing well.
Radiation continues every morning. I have had some bloating from a slower GI system. This can make the "mask" tight and sometimes painful. The mask is a plastic mesh used to strap my body to the radiation table. It was form-fitted prior to radiation, so any changed in stomach or abdomen size can cause pressure changes.
I have been a bit more tired as treatment continues, and sometimes don't have much of an appetite.
But I am grateful to be spared the nausea and vomiting that seem to be a common side effect of radiation and chemo.
I am also grateful for the reminders that so many of you are praying for me and for the generous help that continues to make this treatment and stay possible. Thank you!
I am thankful to God for the miracle of life. I am thankful for each bite of real food I am able to take, for each new morning, for the love of family and friends here and around the world.
May God encourage you today and each day to come. May he sustain each on of us as we trust him.
Blessings and love,
Tim
Comments
Post a Comment